Trainer/Academy Field Representative
We're building the largest portfolio of affordable housing in the heart of America. We need you to make it happen.
SFR3 is a boutique real estate investment fund acquiring $2.5B+ of single-family homes by 2024. We specialize in renovating distressed homes, using software-driven operations to scale a large number of smaller markets concurrently. In just over 3 years, we’ve grown to 8k+ homes in over two dozen metros, and we’re continuing to expand. As part of our growth, we are looking for Owner’s Representatives to oversee a high volume of projects in dozens of markets.
1) The Academy
We build hundreds of houses a month using local construction teams across 20+ states. Each team must understand our product deeply, and ship quality homes on budget come hell or high water. How do we train teams across the country?
- Reno Director: Head of each team, runs the market
- Reno Estimator: Inspects potential acquisitions, estimates reno budget
- Reno Manager: Project manages each job, using a few GCs & trades
- Owner’s Rep: Quality check on all homes, provides guidance throughout
Most construction guidebooks are 5” thick tomes. We think they are best used for weightlifting. We need content for the modern mobile era! Help us design a construction syllabus that can be absorbed quickly, remotely, iterated upon and refined continually.
Success is easy to measure: are teams shipping homes? But performance is more than knowing what to do; it’s having a reason to do it. Simple public kudos that make this work meaningful, is as important as compensation & incentive programs. After all these teams are solving a key challenge facing America’s workforce: houses they can afford. Shelter is the foundation of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs!
What you’ll be doing
- Teaching! You are passionate about the power of a great teacher or coach, and you have a proven track record of enabling others to achieve more ambitious milestones than they can achieve alone. You are energized by the opportunity to give people the skills and confidence they need to do great things.
- Leading logistics coordination for onboarding team members of the organization. This includes but is not limited to: booking travel, booking hotels, setting up participants in our slack channels, and facilitating day to day logistics of our 3-4 day onboarding programs.
- Road Warrior Travel - Plane, Train, Automobile
- Twice a month to various US locations to run the 4-5 day New Hire Camp
- Parachute in around the country as-needed (training, opening markets, estimating, running jobs)
- Training, coaching, and motivating. In this role you represent the owner and one of the most important things an owner can do is motivate the team. Make sure your teammates understand the “WHY” and help them develop pride in a job well done. You must build SFR3 pride into every home since DAY 1.
- Certification signoff. You will schedule & confirm that all team members have completed their basic onboarding tasks to ensure they’re ready to succeed within our company. You will be the gatekeeper to determine who’s ready to perform and who is not.
- More than anything, an ownership mindset to all parts of the job; proactive, self-directed, and highly-motivated. You have a bias toward action.
- 4+ years of relevant renovation/construction experience or education, with knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems, and strong working knowledge of local and national building/property management codes. Real estate or home inspection experience a plus.
- Excellent, empathic communication skills. You must be able to coach with authority and influence others. You also need to be able to hold people accountable for poor performance while still keeping them motivated.
- Comfort using technology to manage the workload; you enjoy taking on new applications and software to make yourself more productive.
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus
Does this sound like you? Come work in the future of SFR.