We're building the largest portfolio of affordable housing in the heart of America. We need you to make it happen.
SFR3 is a boutique real estate investment fund acquiring $2.5B+ of single-family homes by 2024. We specialize in renovating distressed homes, using software-driven operations to scale a large number of smaller markets concurrently. In just over 3 years, we’ve grown to 8k+ homes in over two dozen metros, and we’re continuing to expand. As part of our growth, we are looking for Owner’s Representatives to oversee a high volume of projects in dozens of markets.
As SFR3’s portfolio grows, the need for quality control and ownership in every market grows with it. Maintaining consistent and impeccable quality nationwide as we scale is of vital importance to our mission. But being the Owner’s Representative is more than Quality Control. To the team in the field, you are the owner - you don’t just hold them accountable, you help them win. You do this by representing and instilling SFR3’s pride of ownership in the field by collaborating and fostering a team mentality. You’re a player and a coach; you set the bar high, and help the team meet it. Can you be the lynchpin that holds the team together to deliver hundreds of homes each year, on time, on budget, and with each one looking better than the last?
What you’ll be doing
- Supervising ongoing work. You’ll spot check dozens of concurrent projects, acting as eyes and ears for our headquarters. You’ll walk homes every day to ensure SFR3 standards are being met and expectations are understood. Is the paint correct? Did the electrician install covers on junction boxes? Is that the specified light fixture? Walking jobs, making lists, mentoring and coaching the renovation managers to always be improving.
- Certification and signoff. You will walk every home in Renovation, and be the gate-keeper - you need to know SFR3’s expectations like the back of your hand. Without your approval, an SFR3 home is not considered complete. Other people’s bonuses depend on your judgement, as does the success of SFR3. You’ll need to be supportive but fair - holding the line while helping people meet it.
- Coaching and motivating. In this role you represent the owner, and one of the most important things an owner can do is motivate the team. Make sure your Teammates understand the “WHY” and help them develop pride in a job well done. You must build SFR3 pride into every home.
Sample performance metrics
- Budget adherence in your market. We must Estimate, Scope, and Ultimately Complete every renovation on budget.
- Sale/appraisal value, monthly rent achieved, and move-in experience. The ultimate measures of quality.
- Volume. You enable your team to handle more projects at once.
- More than anything, an ownership mindset to all parts of the job; proactive, self-directed, and highly-motivated. You have a bias toward action.
- At least 5-10 years of renovation/construction experience, with knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems, and strong working knowledge of local and national building/property management codes. Real estate or home inspection experience a plus.
- Excellent, empathic communication skills. You must be able to coach with authority and influence others. You also need to be able to hold people accountable for poor performance while still keeping them motivated.
- Comfort using technology to manage the workload; you enjoy taking on new applications and software to make yourself more productive.
- W2 - Competitive Base Salary - plus bonus and benefits.
Does this sound like you? Come work in the future of SFR3.