We're building and servicing the largest portfolio of quality housing in the heart of America. We need YOU to make it happen.
SFR3 is a boutique real estate investment fund that will acquire and renovate more than $3B worth of single-family homes by 2024. The Fund specializes in renovating distressed homes, using software-driven operations to scale across dozens of markets concurrently. Today the Fund owns 10,000+ homes in 30+ metros, and its portfolio growth is among the fastest of any fund of any size in the country. As part of our growth, we are looking for a full time/dedicated Maintenance Technician/Handyman to execute a consistent, high volume of service related projects in the market.
Maintenance Technician will inspect, repair, and maintain homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, they will respond to all assigned work orders and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while making sure quality standards are met.
We’re looking for a “jack of all trades” partner.
- Experienced in Carpentry, HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical
- Tasks including but not limited to:
- Secure Home
- Re-Secure Home
- Winterize Home
- Vacancy Check
- Wellness Check on Vacant Home
- Wellness Check on Occupied Home
- Minor Pre-Reno Repair (<$1000)
- Utility Repairs (Non-Specialized)
- Utility Ground Truth / Meter Read / Leak Investigation
- Utility Meet & Greet
- Utility Misc Tasks (Drop Off Checks)
- R&M: Small Tasks
- Inspection: Vacant Property / Lead
- Inspection: Occupancy (Renewal)
- Compliance: In-Person Code Inspection Meetings / Payments
- Compliance: Court Hearings
- Turns: Move In Meeting
- Turns: Basic
- Must provide own tools and have reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of local and national building/property management codes. Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Monitor the condition of assigned properties and take proactive immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition
- Strong knowledge working with handheld devices and technology (Ipad, Iphone, etc.)
- Must own or purchase an IOS device (Iphone/Ipad)
- Long-term partnership minded. You understand the benefits of being reliable partners to each other: you can count on the volume, and we can count on the outcome.
- Experience in managing to a realistic but aggressive timeframe
- An “ownership” approach to all aspects of the job; you pride yourself on speed and quality
- Preferred - Type II or Universal E.P.A. certification
Our Promise to you
- Guaranteed VOLUME - We can guarantee a 40 hour work week. We’ve got 100's of homes in the market and a steady stream of maintenance + R&M work orders for you and/or your team.
- UP-FRONT COMPENSATION - we will pay a weekly retainer of $1,280 + fully paid gas stipend for completing assigned work orders for the week. That's $32/hr at 40 hours per week - You never have to worry about “will I have work.” You will be paid this retainer, even if volume is low in any given week.
- STREAMLINED TECHNOLOGY - we will make your life simple with tech that will help route, assign, and manage your workflow.
- To be the BEST partner you will ever have!
SFR3 is different. We’re focused on the big picture - eliminating hassles, paying fast, and a quality reliable product. You maintain the homes, and we’ll take care of the rest. Come service the future of housing in America!